Sir John’s Last Will triggers social media outrage
Government declassifies portions of Achimota Forest reserve
Accra-based outfit releases Last Will of Sir John
Two years after his death, the Last Will and testament of one-time New Patriotic Party, NPP, General Secretary, Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, alias Sir John, has been released by a media outlet.
The release coincides with an ongoing row in which the government is accused of taking measures that could compromise the only forest reserve in the capital, the Achimota Forest Reserve.
Since May 22, 2022, the contents of Sir John’s Will dominated the news with outrage being expressed especially on social media relative to the landed and other properties that the deceased had bequeathed to relatives.
According to a compilation of the properties in Sir John’s Will as published by The Fourth Estate – an Accra-based news portal – that first published the now viral document, a total of 75 properties were listed.
The properties spanned from houses to lands, other businesses, investments, bank accounts, guns and private vehicles.
Full list of the properties in Sir John’s Will.
1. House on plot number GA54480 located in Ogbojo, East Legon, and acquired on February 12, 2018
2. House on plot number GA 55329 located at Oyarifa No. 2, acquired on May 11, 2018
3. House plot number GA 55475 located at Oyarifa No.1, acquired on September 27, 2017
4. House on plot number GA 5881 located at Adjiringanor, Accra, (white House), acquired on August 7, 2019.
5. A 6-bedroom house located at Patangbe, Ogbojo, near East Legon.
6. A 4-bedroom house located in Mempeheusem, East Legon.
7. A 3-bedroom house on plot number TDA 4140 located in Mempehuesem, East Legon.
8. Another 3-bedroom house on plot number TDA 4140 located in Mempehuesem, East Legon.
9. A 4-bedroom house on plot number GA56838 located in East Legon and acquired on October 25, 2018.
10. A 5-bedroom house located in Sakora Wonoo.
11. A 4-storey building located in East Legon, with 10 apartments, each apartment consisting of 3-bedrooms; and five apartments, each consisting of two bedrooms.
12. Two plots of land located in Ahenema Kokoben in the Ashanti Region.
13. Two plots of land with registration number GA56921 located in Oyarifa, which were acquired on November 6, 2018.
14. A 5.541-acre land located in Achimota Forest held in the name of Jakaypros Limited.
15. A 0.987-acre land located in Achimota Forest held in the name of Fasoh Limited.
16. Unspecified piece of land located in the Achimota Forest jointly owned with Charles Owusu.
17. An unspecified piece of land held in the name of DML located in the Achimota forest.
18. A 5.07-acre land at the Ramsar site, Sakumono.
19. Five plots of land located at Millenium city, Kasoa.
20. One plot of land with certificate number GA60802, located at Mempeheusem, East Legon, acquired on December 13, 2019.
21. Two plots of land approximately of 0.40acres located at No.7 ARS Lane, Ogbojo, near East legon.
22. One plot of land near the Chain Homes Estate at East Airport Hills.
23. A piece of land numbered plot 139 located within the Adentaman District (aka Aviation land).
24. Lexus LX570
26. Ford Fusion
27. Lexus V6
28. Nissan Titan Pick Up V8
29. Mercedes Benz E68 Sport AMG
30. Honda Pilot V6
31. Honda Accord Sport
32. Toyota Landcruiser V8
33. Ford 150
34. Honda Accord 2.0 Touring
35. Toyota Rav 4, 2019 model
36. Chevrolet Cruze
37. Lexus Saloon Car, 2019 model
38. Five pump-action guns
44. National Investment Bank, account no. 1802092960501
45. CBG, account no. 0302239130003
46. GT Bank- in the name of Ruth Korkor Odonkor.
47. GT Bank-in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
48. Fidelity Bank, account no. 1060032907210
49. ADB, in the name of Jakaypros Limited
50. United States Bank, Wells Fargo, in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie.
51. Canadian Bank Account, Royal Bank, in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie.
52. ADB: Two million cedis (2,000,000.00), expected to mature in April 2020.
53. Two hundred and fifty thousand Ghana cedis (GHc 250,000) with NTHC which stood at GHc 303,720.22 as at July 31, 2019.
54. Joint gold production investment with Francis Owusu.
Joint ownership in gold production investment with:
58. Afriyie Memorial Hospital, located at Sakora Wonoo.
59. A fuel Station located at Kentinkrono in the Ashanti region.
60. Fuel tanker vehicles (10 in number)
70. One teak plantation located at Nkawie in the Ashanti Region.
71. Rubber plantation located in the Eastern Region.
72 Stalls located at the new Kejetia market, Kumasi (3 in number).
75. Farms at Ejura in the Ashanti Region.